Thursday, April 25, 2013

Something Fishy!!

Fish has been a savior for me while I am dieting. I love fish and it can be grilled, baked, fried (which I am avoiding ofcourse) or made into a curry with any veggies or even steamed.
I have been trying to eat lot of fish instead of chicken or red meat. I don't miss red meat at all nor do I miss chicken, atleast for now.
So I made pan grilled salmon and grilled some onions with it and served it with quinoa salad. It was very tasty and filling.
Today I cooked pomfret hirwa masala/fish in green curry (pomfret or pompano is a firm white fish which is delicious). The best part is I made the hirwa masala without anything fattening except for 1 tsp olive oil which I needed to fry the onions and tomatoes. I used spinach instead of coconut to give the curry a good texture. I served it with multigrain chapati's.
The meal was delicious and I was greedy for more. I had to stop myself as I have obviously realized anything in excess is not good. Well, I did eat an extra piece of pomfret I couldn't stop myself trust me I tried. I guess it's not bad as it was cooked in the curry so wasn't fried.
You can find the recipe here http://mykitchenshenanigans.blogspot.com/2013/04/fish-hariyalihirwa-masala.html

Hope the road to losing weight doesn't get monotonous and I am determined and honest.
I walk regularly but I guess I need to increase the intensity of my workout like start running or include some zumba or cardio in my routine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment