Monday, May 27, 2013

Apologies for being a Slacker!!

Sorry I have been a big time slacker. My sis was visiting us for 4 days so we had to make the most of it. She was here all the way from India so I had to abandon my diet and walking for few days. My sis is not a foodie and is very healthy and in great shape. Wish I had the determination and will power like her, guess that is not genetic ;)
Well she left on Thursday of last week and we are back on track with our diet and started our walks too. We were tired of eating out and a simple home cooked meal which was baked fish and veggies was irresistible. I marinate fish with Indian spices and marinate some chopped veggies like tomatoes, onions, potatoes, green peppers and onion and place the fish on top of the veggies and bake it for few minutes. This is really simple and tasty.
I have not checked my weight yet, actually I am dreading to get on that scale. I don't want to see if 1 week of being a slacker has had its toll on my body. I dread that I have put on the 10lbs I lost or some of it. I don't want to know. I will check my weight in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will have lost some weight if not more atleast I will still be 10lbs down.
We have decided to change the time of our workout. We will be doing it early mornings tomorrow onwards at 6.30am. I know it is going to be super tough on me as I am not a morning person at all. My mornings start only after 8.30am but I will give it a try. Hubby wants to swim and work out at that time so he can spend the whole day working and get home by 7pm and we can have an early dinner go to bed early. Well, I am ready for this new challenge.
Things we have to go through to undo what we put our bodies through. 30+ years of stuffing my face with what I loved (which obviously was in no remote way healthy!!) and here I am today trying to undo all that. Well atleast I have become aware and determined in some ways.
I am supposed to visit India this December for a wedding in the family and I hope to be atleast 30lbs down or more by then.
"I am not going to be a SLACKER!!" I need to repeat this 10 times a day today onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment