Thursday, May 30, 2013

Breakfast Blues!!

I am not a morning person at all and I don't really care about breakfast. I can start my day with just a cup of tea and go on till lunch just fine. Only if there is breakfast made and ready will I indulge in it and sometimes I don't like to eat when I wake up.
As decided the hubby and me have started walking at 6.30am for an hour and yes I have been waking up by 6.10am. I go to bed by 11pm. This is a huge challenge for me and a big deal but I am doing this as finally it has dawned upon me that I am 30 years old and now only going to get older so I have to treat my body right. Also now I have company, so no more excuses!
K eats breakfast everyday he wakes up at 6 and likes to have his cup of coffee, then  read the news and take it easy and make a good breakfast for himself, while I will wake up an hour before I have to be at work and rush through a shower, tea etc. till I get in my car and start driving. Now that I wake up early I have started eating breakfast. I like to drink tea so I make tea for myself and I have short listed boiled eggs as  a quick and healthy fix for me. I can just boil them while I am in the shower and they are ready when I am out. I eat 2 boiled eggs but discard 1 yolk so 2 boiled egg whites and 1 yolk. I love the yolk so I save that one yolk for myself. I guess 1 yolk is not that bad, I will try to eat only boiled egg whites but that may take some time.
I did eat dosa the other day as hubby was making it for us, I had mine very thin, crisp with no oil on a non stick pan with some green chutney (made with cilantro, ginger and mint) and didn't go for the potato bhaji.
I have been told by everyone and read up on the benefits of breakfast and how essential it is in the diet. I must admit that at times by lunch I am starving and end up eating a lot if I skip breakfast. Now that I have included this healthy habit in my diet guess I am going the right way.
The only thing I haven't got used to is eating oats and fruit. I have tried but oats make me gag I can eat a few spoons and then I am done. I need to have a variety of breakfast food to make it healthy and interesting. I have tried boiled eggs, egg whites and spinach omelet, 1 whole grain toast with weight watchers whipped cream cheese, cereal, Indian breakfast items like dosa, poha, idli, upma etc.
I am looking up recipes all the time for new healthy breakfast items. I want to cut out the bread from breakfast and any oily fried stuff.
The diet and work out plan is looking good so far and I finally mustered up the courage to weigh myself again and I am still 10lbs down ;) so that was a huge motivational factor in walking in the am!

No comments:

Post a Comment